Friday, May 23, 2008

The holidays are finally here.

Thank God.

This is really a much-needed break to recharge my batteries - the emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical aspects of my seriously drained body and mind.

This is good too. To break away from everything and everyone to just have some time alone with me, myself and God.

Of course I'll have to study, but I think studying's so much more effective if it's not institutionalized. That's a little ironic since study is a factor of institutions, but you catch my drift.

***

It sucks cos everytime a teacher says, "After BT 2, you only have 6 weeks to your Prelims. You do not have much time at all." and all I can think of is how Rapture is 3 weeks after BT 2, which leaves me 3 weeks to study for Prelims. Which really, really sucks. I know I asked for it, and I don't regret it, but allow me some ranting space here since I'm really, really tired.

***

Anyway. I've been focussing a lot more on things that are important and essential for my survival. Love, for one thing. When I see all my past posts on love, I get this sense of something that's so childish and selfish. The understanding I have of love is just so much wider - there was something I really, really missed out on. And now I know. And I'm glad. And I thank God for showing it to me.

Knowing is one thing. Practicing is... well, something else entirely.

But I'm glad. I'm glad for where I am now. And I praise God for it.

Cos the holidays have started. And to me, it seems like a field of opportunities, all ripe for the taking. Opportunities to do so many things.

And I am the labourer in that vineyard ready to harvest till the windows of heaven open.

"My first girlfriend became the Moon." "That's tough, my friend."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home