Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wow!

This is amazing stuff. I haven't been on the com in three days!

Or was it two?

Ah, time is so convoluted now I can't tell.

Which is interesting, cos I was just thinking about it today and I realized that Prelims were just last week.

Oh gosh.

Really funny things happened in Econs tutorial the other day. I think it was two days ago.

So anyway, everyone's really tired and whatever in class and Mr Soh is just going on and on and on about Econs DRQ ["Always note the command words and the key words and highlight them" (ends up highlighting the whole sentence save sentence connectors and stuff)] and there's something about government intervention with regard to market failure due to market imperfection. So he says that America actually has a law to prevent this, and asks the class what it is. And intelligent me goes:

"The Fifth Ammendment?"

And Pris Sam sitting beside me squeals [I think] and goes, "I was going to say that too! Haha, been watching too much Legally Blonde."

And we end up laughing really, really quietly, trying to suppress our laughter so badly at the total incidence.

***

A joke I kinda saw in Em's notebook:

A: What's happening tommorrow?
B: There's only one 'M' in 'tomorrow'.

So I'm laughing about this, and Em says he always misspells 'tomorrow' and Sofia, who ALWAYS hears things out of context, goes, "Yeah! I also always misspell 'tomorrow'! I always spell it 'tomoro'!"

And everyone stops laughing at looks at her. And at this point, there is plenty of awkward silences to go around, and I'm like, That's not a legitimate mistake! Mina!

Which reminds me of the other time where she jumped in and said something stupid. Cos Alina was wondering how it would be like to be reincarnated, and I'm all, "Stardust! Stardust! You wanna be a star, right?" and she's like, "Yes, I do!" and we deviate away for awhile talking about unicorns [this is Alina here] and she sighs and goes, "I want to be a star..." and Sofia hears and goes, "Me too! I want to be a rock star!" and the table goes silent again.

***

I've been contemplating about swear words, and I think the word 'shit' is a really ugly swear word.

I mean, why would you think about bodily excrements in times of distress??

Imagine someone going, "Ms K's going to catch me for my hair/tie/whatever! Urine, urine!"

Talk about gross!

Or a person going, "Blood! Blood!"

Okay, ew.

Oh, that is being used. Hm.

Maybe there is thing to bodily excrements as swear words.

Which is weird. Not to mention sick. And wrong.

If all swear words were replaced with bodily excrements, maybe everyone would stop swearing.

Think about it. People will be talking like, "What the zit! That mucosal woman is breathing down my neck again!" or "Teary pieces of vomit!" or even "Phlegming bitch spat on my hand!" (which is what Ms K did to me).

But that'd be weird. Or maybe it's just culture perception.

***

I saw this really cool video on YouTube, which had the Kate Monster [Julie Atherton] and Trekkie Monster [Simon Lipkin] doing a rendition of 'Popular'. It was so cool!

Speaking of Avenue Q, Christy Carlson Romano is going to do Kate Monster in some new Broadway cast thing! That'd be so cool!

Although I can't imagine her doing the, "So why don't I have a boyfriend? F***!" part of 'It Sucks To Be Me'. I mean, she was on Disney Channel and on!

... Not like Disney has a very clean reputation, what with backstabbing girls and nude photo shoot scandals.

But still.

I must say, the downside to having a raving social life is the amout of money you spend. I've spent 10 dollars a day this week, and am going to spend more that that tomorrow.

Sheesh, gotta cut down.

And I should be off. Everyone's really losing their motivation to study now, ever since Prelims ended.

GOSH.

"I was walking along
Minding my business
When out of an orange-coloured sky
Flash!
Bam!
Alakazam!
Wonderful you came by!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home