Monday, September 15, 2008

Unlimited
The damage is
Unlimited
To everyone I've tried to help
Or tried to love
And, oh, Fiyero, you're the latest
Victim of my greatest achievement
In a long career of distress
Every time I could
I tried making good
And what I made was a mess...

And I can't believe what just happened to me.

Apart from a lousy 2-hour nap, I just went 36 hours without sleep for no reason.

It was so stupid.

I went to bed early last night thinking to get a good night's rest for school.

Slept at 2143 h, woke up around 2330 h.

What next? I get hungry, so I go out to Macs to get dinner [which was, by way of incidence, a nice walk because the air was so cooling and refreshing, and I was all by myself just enjoying the breeze] and I come home and finish it.

So I go back to bed around 0130 h - and toss and turn until 0530.

Stupid much, I know.

And meanwhile, soundtracks are going off in my head, preventing me from claiming the peace I so desperately wanted. I think the whole Wicked! soundtrack played in my forehead. The WHOLE soundtrack.

So insane.

And here I am, blogging away when I should be sleeping.

No actually I just don't want to sleep that early - my body might receive too much rest and make me insomniac again tomorrow night.

Lousy body clock. Tch.

Anyway, if the grades I receive today are not the lowest for my Prelim papers, then. Well.

Then I'll write out a verse of 'It Sucks To Be Me' for myself.

Gosh.

In the meantime:

Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it "History".

A man's called a traitor - or liberator
A rich man's a thief - or philanthropist
Is one a crusader - or ruthless invader?
It's all in which label
Is able to persist
There are precious few at ease
With moral ambiguities
So we act as though they don't exist

Interesting point to note about History. I wonder why Wicked! keeps attacking History.

Cross-reference [oh, goodness] this to the "Dancing Through Life" number:

Stop studying strife
And learn to lead the unexamined life

Huh. I think that's a coincidence, though.

And I should be going, really.

"Wonderful!
They'll call you wonderful!

It does sound wonderful!

Trust me; it's fun!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home