Sunday, August 31, 2008

Walking up the escalators to the Lee Kong Chian Reference library step by step gave me a familiar twinge.
Even as I missed you really badly.
It reminded me of so many things, and I realized the power of memory, and of my inclination towards sense perception.

The song 'Defying Gravity' has really been keeping me alive these days.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
If you leave, don't leave now / Please don't take my heart away / Promise me just one more night / Then we'll go our separate ways
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap

With hours left, time on our sides / Now it's fading fast / Every second, every moment / We've got to make it last
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I touch you once, I touch you twice / I won't let go at any price / I need you now like I needed you then / You always said that we'd be friends some day
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

I wonder, sometimes, if you need a license to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home