Sunday, August 31, 2008

Somehow.

But whatever kept him there was gone.

He teased the air around him, uncertain of it. There was a familiar sensation, something in the essence of a deja vu, and he wasn't quite sure of it. Still, there was a certain excitement he gathered from the depths of his soul. He knew not what it was, but it kept pushing him, whispering to him, telling him to go.

He did.

And the air around him hugged him tight, embracing his being, even as he gloried in the absent warmth it brought.

The earth fell away beneath him.

I'd like to think of myself as someone rational, but I still get bogged down by emotions. I'd like to think of myself as having a good balance between rationality and idealism - and maybe I do. But I think people should be able to tell the difference between the ideal and the real. There is a difference, and if one cannot distinguish, when the ideal doesn't materialize, you end up with disappointments.

But that's my ideal.

***

It dawned on me that this blog is going to go soon.

Cos I started this blog to chart my journey in St. Andrew's - and indeed, the journey has been [insert non-cliched words here].

But I'll be leaving this College soon, and though "Once a Saint, Always a Saint", I would really no longer be in the school itself.

So I will get a new blog.

But I won't tell anyone what it is - as was with the case with this blog, but people still found it anyway.

And find it only if you want to, and can be bothered to - there won't be any identification it is me, but if you know me well enough you'd know it was me.

A new blog means new experiences. Maybe even a new kind of writing.

But first I've got to get through College first.

And the A's - if you know what I mean.

***

On a more random note, I finished listening to the Wicked! soundtrack last night! Yay!

But I dunno, somehow I loved Spamalot more at when I finished listening to it?

But maybe it's because I've only heard it once through. I think I'll listen to it over and over until I get so sick of it.

On the other hand, I do have to study. So... I'll see. If I get bored of the songs in a few weeks time.

Or if it'll still remain a fresh novelty in my mind.

[I absolutely hate it when I write with double-meanings, cos it's so complex, even for myself.]

Dancing through life
Skimming the surface
Gliding where turf is smooth

Life's more painless
For the brainless
Why think too hard?
When it's so soothing

Dancing through life
No need to tough it
When you can sluff it off as I do

Nothing matters
But knowing nothing matters
It's just life
So keep dancing through

Dancing through life
Swaying and sweeping
And always keeping cool

Life is fraught-less
When you're thoughtless
Those who don't try
Never look foolish

Dancing through life
Mindless and careless
Make sure you're where less
Trouble is rife

Woes are fleeting
Blows are glancing
When you're dancing
Through life

Hm. Maybe this will be the new theme song of my life.

But I have to say 'One Short Day' is on par with Spamalot's 'Knights Of The Round Table / The Song That Goes Like This (Reprise)'. Grandiose, majestic sounds are what I love. OH yeah!

I would like to say I've had enough of musicals because I can't study with music on.

Hm.

But I can't say that.

Sometimes, I wish I didn't take Lit.

Wait.

No, I don't.

Figure me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home