Saturday, April 26, 2008

Memory

Remembering is addictive.

Kinda came to that realization just a little while ago.

I was just scrolling through my inbox and sent items in my phone, and before I knew it, the train had gone from Tanah Merah all the way to Toa Payoh.

And I didn't even notice it go.

It was quite amazing, because every message that I opened, memories came flooding back. A certain experience, a scene, voices, and even emotions of pity, sympathy, anger, apathy - they all came back.

That's when I realized how powerful memory can be. How intoxicating, even. And I guess that's how people get to a stage where they can't move on. Because they're so caught up in what happened, that they forget to look to the now and even the future.

This has some kind of lesson behind it, I know. It's at the tip of my brain, even.

But I can't be bothered to find out what it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Perdana Putra said...

Hey, Mat (:

Another thought-provoking post from you.

I concur with what you wrote; our memory is too powerful that sometimes, we just could no longer control it. This, I have to say, despite Nica's believing that our "memory is a sieve, and we are the sculptors, shaping and reshaping the remains of our past", citing her reasons like, our memories "are malleable; can be moulded to suit the present."

I do not care even if that is what Lim thinks. To me, that's still utter absurdity :P

If memories could change so easily, how much worth do we really place in ours?

Yeah, sometimes, bad memories could be painful, just like attrition, but again, doesn't what we remember also keep the drive to live remaining fervently within us?

You wrote, on 20th of March 2007:
"I might want to try out for Student Council... See how it goes. Haha."

See how it goes? How it goes, you would never know if you had not tried :D

See you tomorrow!

--Perd.

PS: Ironically, there is this option of "Choose an identity" at the bottom of the "Leave your comment" field here. Haha. If only we could choose the person we would like to be so easily (albeit narrowly!) x)

April 27, 2008 at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home