Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shout to the Lord

It’s a long time since I’ve written a post like that. Most of my posts have been so depressing. And it seems I’ve forgotten how to thank God for so many things in my life. Because really, I have so many things to thank God for. For one, I’m sick and yet I managed to do PE today as normally as possible, and still break personal records for some of the stations.

All the earth / Let us sing

I really thank God for being able to use me, period. It’s so amazing, really, what God is able to accomplish through me. Though I know I’m not like good at a lot of things. But it’s been really awesome seeing the way God has moulded me through the years to be who I am today. And I know I’m not perfect, and I definitely do make mistakes. But I still thank Him for allowing me to be able to reach out with His love and just touch other people’s lives.

Power and majesty / Praise to the King

Because He really is awesome. In so many things. I mean, it’s really inexpressible unless you experience it for yourself. To just feel the glory of God and His presence just saturate the atmosphere is just really, really, I dunno. ‘Wonderful’, ‘awesome’ and ‘amazing’ just doesn’t cut it.

Mountains bow down and the seas will roar / At the sound of Your Name

And it’s just really great seeing how obstacles and things like that are overcome through His help. Many things I never thought I’d do or see has happened to me, and so many things that have been stumbling or whatever can just be cleared away. Prayer works miracles, as I always like to say.

I sing for joy at the works of Your hands

Because just knowing that no matter what happens, God will always be there, and if He allows things to happen to you, He knows you can handle it, and that you’ll pull through. And it’s just so secure and safe in that knowledge that you are definitely in safe hands, come what may.

Forever I’ll love You / Forever I’ll stand / Nothing compares to the promise I have in You

Apparently this song, by Darlene Zschech, was written after she had a miscarriage. And it’s really amazing – I mean, there are so many things in life that we lament over and even sometimes blame God for. But this woman here who just lost a baby – a loved one – can actually still stand up and say that she’ll ‘sing for joy’ – for joy! – ‘at the work of Your hands’. Not only that, she has the courage to declare ‘Forever I’ll love You / Forever I’ll stand’ – just after something tragic – no, catastrophic – has happened to her!

And when I look at my life, so many things seem so mundane in comparison. And how many times have I personally – when I’m going through tough times – stood up and praised – yes, PRAISED – God through it all? My previous posts have all been so depressing. Yes, blogs are an outlet – but reading it makes me look like I have no reason to live, and every post is so cynical and jaded.

So I’m learning, even now. To say “Hallelujah!” when things are bad. To shout “Praise the Lord!” when I’m depressed. To sing “Forever I’ll love You / Forever I’ll stand” even when I’m trudging through the depths of valleys.

Sing, o barren! Shout to the Lord with a voice of triumph!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home