Sunday, July 6, 2008

I've always wondered about soulmates.

If they exist or not.

Perhaps I've always wished they did... And wanted it such that I believed it.

I still do, though that part of me is starting to die down. Although I don't think it will ever die off completely, since a specific part that makes me me is the part that believes in "Happily Ever After".

I'm a Disney kid - the first Disney cartoon was shown on my birthday.
As a matter of fact, I'm a Calvin and Hobbes kid - the first comic strip was published on my birthday.

Explains a lot, I think.

But anyway. I asked my sister today if she believes in soul-mates, and she said not. I think my dad said the same thing. But I dunno. That kinda ruins a lot of things for me. Like how romance isn't special anymore. Because romance would be able to be for everyone, and not just that one person who was meant for you. And that really spoils the whole idea of love.

Or maybe I have the wrong ideas of love as propogated by Disney. Still, I would like a fairytale-ending to my life. Of course, the ending doesn't end with the marriage, but that kind of magic is so enchanting.

Or maybe I'm just idealistic.

On a lighter note, I've mastered the Art of Transfiguration! Not that I meant to, but it seems I have done it anyhow. So that's a big plus.

"Maturity is gained when self-actualization is realized."

How's THAT for H2 Lit Paper 5?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ariadne Green said...

Don't let your parents shake your belief that there is one person in the world meant for you.
Is there such a thing as your true soulmate? Your heart will show you the truth.
I have designed a mediation that will awaken you to your twin soul. go to http://www.ariadnegreen.com my book site and listen to the podcast. Also get a copy of my book, Divine Complement

July 6, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home