Friday, August 24, 2007

Boredom inspires creativity...

So boredom inspires creativity.

I kid you not.

Econs lectures (the most boring of the lot) somehow gets me doodling and writing down poems.

I'm serious. The other time during on Econs lecture, I was bemoaning the loss of my phone (rushing in the morning, I forgot to bring it) and decided to write a poem to it:

Requiem for a phone
You were gone
That time
Never found
Again

I looked into my pocket and I couldn't find you
I looked so very very long - even in my shoe

Oh! How I miss your vibration!
Oh! The sweet anticipation
Of opening a message
To read about some garbage

I miss you...

I feel so empty - my pocket is bare
There's definitely something missing - it's always there
Come back...
Don't lag...
My phone...

The poem sounds quite suggestive at some parts. It's quite cheesy, though. HAHA.

Another poem I wrote from utter BOREDOM (seriously) and I just came out with it:

Economics
Economics, my bane
It hurts worse than a cane
Drives the completely sane insane
And short-circuits my brain

Why, Economics?
Do you have to torment?!
What sick pleasure do you derive
From hearing my pained lament?!

Oh, Economics!
If only you were flesh
I'd hate you much more efficiently,
Forget A, P, D & X E
CAPICHE???

(For those who don't know, there are certain efficiencies of economics in which market structures are judged against, namely Allocative Efficiency, Productive Efficiency, Dynamic Efficiency and X-Efficiency)

Yet another poem I wrote was inspired by the LAZY Emmanuel during today's Econs lecture. Just a short ditty:

Don't slouch
You louse
I vouch
For cows

They stand up straight
As though of late

And that's it!

Seriously, my Econs notes are SO filled with doodles, it's a wonder I get away with anything substantial in my hard-pressed brain...

AND I HAVE TO DO MY EOM.

SO I'M OFF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home