Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And so he yelled and screamed to the wind, willing it to respond to him like it used to, to feel the tangible power tingling at his very will, to manipulate it as he once could, the symbiotic relationship both giving and receiving, fuelling his power, knowing the wind was as much a slave to him as he was to it. But silence greeted him with a whip on his face. The wind was no longer his to control. It moved where it would now, and nothing he could do would change it. With it, it left an emptiness. That could not be filled no matter how he raged and stormed and tempered...

SO! NO MORE INDEPENDENT STUDIES EVER AGAIN!

YES!

And so that's 40% of my KI grade.

Gosh.

All that work for the past few months - all up to God now. And those darned Cambridge markers who determine our future.

Tch.

As for now, though I'm just relishing not having to be worried about it anymore.

So basically, I've cleared the obstacles I've been ranting about in this blog for the past few months: I've stepped down from Council, my dance has been choreographed, Rapture is over, the Block Tests are over, Prelims are over - and now what's left is the actual A Levels.

Shudder, to think of that.

30 days more. That's a month. 4 weeks. To my first paper.

OH MY GOD. That is real scary.

I'm going to swing into full-study mood now.

After this novel, of course...

***

This blog is getting too public. Which is why its expiration date is fast approaching. About a week more or so. Hm. Need to find a nice blogskin for my other blog. To clean off, to start afresh.

AND. My plans for my birthday [see one of my archives if you can actually be bothered] are totally ruined because Mrs Tan goes all 'for the 5 days between the end of your last paper before Paper 5, you are mine and I am yours' and I'm all, but it falls on my birthday!

What the heck. That sucks so bad.

On the other hand, I started listening to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang songs!

Well - okay, song - since I only listen to the theme song. But it's quite catchy, and child-like, and kinda much-needed from all this grotesque academia.

Right.

And on a totally random note, I feel like dying. Just because the numbers add up one way in the phenomenal world and in the social world does not actually mean it'll add up utility-wise - cos quantity does not equate quality, and though those that are closer to the centre of the circle do actually encompass possibilities of sorts - quite a lot, actually - it seems that energy spent on studying and stuff leaves me lacking in the areas of working toward a tighter shape, and as a result I scream at space.

Enough abstraction for now.

My mind needs sleep. And rest. And stuff.

Ooh wow, I'm going shoe-shopping tomorrow! - And as bimbotic as that sounds, I'm just going to the Converse Warehouse Sale - hopefully I can find something in my size which I actually like - but more often that not, A does not intersect B.

Of course, that's kinda my fault.

***

I saw HSM 2 last night - and I must say it really brings back memories, since it was so long ago.

And I think I actually like some of the songs a lot now, after listening to them again [and not listening to them in a long time], like Everyday - what I blogged about at the New Year's countdown thing with my Council buddies, and even You Are The Music In Me [and laughing with Sam about Sharpay's "5, 6, 7, 8!" version].

And I definitely want to watch HSM 3 - the songs actually seem nice, and I think Lucas Grabeel actually has a role here - not to mention that I think Ashley Tisdale looks better and better with each sequel ;)

You know the words 'Once Upon A Time'
Make you listen
There's a reason
When you dream there's a chance you'll find
A little laughter
Or Happy Ever After

You're the harmony
To the melody
That's echoing inside my head
A single voice
Above the noise
And like a common thread

When I hear my favourite song
I know that we belong
You are the music in me
It's living in all of us
And it's brought us here because
You are the music in me

"You're the harmony / To the melody / That's echoing inside my head..."

Yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home