Friday, May 25, 2007

JADATION: CYNICISM OF OUR GENERATION

So I'm back from the really tiring Pre-U Seminar.

Really tired. Obviously.

It was fun, though. Really fun.

Not the talks, of course... The games, like:
1) Hang-man (Musicals/Ballets?)

This was played mostly with Sneha especially during the Storyboarding lesson. She was so totally trashed by me!!! HAHAHAHA!!! I guessed "Hairspray" and she gave me that incredulous "HOW DID YOU KNOW???" look. Also "The Colour Purple", which she thought I didn't know. (I didn't, till Pris Sam told me about it. Haha!)

2) 10 X 10 Bingo, dubbed B-I-N-G-O-I-S-T-I-C by me

Just imagine how bored we had to be to get to that game.

3) Hand-clapping game(s)

The most prominent of these was learnt on the trip to the Istana where Sneha and Darren were videoed playing. HAHA.

4) That-weird-game-no-one-really-knows-the-name-of-but-is-constantly-referred-to-as-tookie-tookie (my spelling)

That one was learnt the on the last night. PITY.

I miss my SG (Seminar Group) friends... Not to mention the SLOs.

But I feel cynical about this whole thing.

I mean, this whole seminar wouldn't have been as fun as it would have without my SG... I seriously expected them to be really boring at the start, though. But we ended up having lots of fun.

But the thing is, this past year, I've known so many new people... My 1st OG, then my 1st CG, then Dance, and Drama in church, even the 2nd OG (though that doesn't really count since it was all crap and I don't think anyone missed anyone) and 2nd CG, and now this.

There is one trend that follows: I miss them, then I forget them.

It's so sad how friendships can turn out this way... Many of the girls said that they hoped we wouldn't become hi-bye friends, but the reality is, no one really has time... Even if everyone were willing, it'd be so tough to collate the schedules of 22 people and find a common empty timeslot, what with all our other commitments, and even the A's to "look forward" to.

So I tried not to feel anything just now. But I think what Sneha and I did when we said goodbye was really good. It went like this:

Me: Bye! See you never again!
Sneha (laughing): Okay! Bye!
Dominic: That was a weird way to say goodbye..

But I think what that portrayed was, we acknowledged that we had fun together, that we became good friends with regard to that, but realistically, we probably would almost never see each other again, so we leave it at that. Better to leave on a high note then to cry and leave.

That's why I feel anyway. Kill me if you must.

"Tookie-tookie, tookie-tookie! Tongkak, tongkak. Mm-tz, mm-tz-tz..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home