Thursday, April 26, 2007

Novelty is SO overrated... In some circles, at least.

What a hectic day.

Tiring, tiring, tiring. I literally fell asleep.

Yesterday, I was so nervous before going onstage for SYF.

Today, I was so nervous in the morning before getting the results.

Then after the results were out, I was so nervous waiting for the Student Council interview to start.

Then after it started, I was so nervous. While I had it.

Nerves, nerves, nerves.

So first, some ranting.

We got Gold, only. Without honours. That was so sad. Many people cried.

But I think the main reason for crying was the total unfairness of the judging.

I mean, 7 JCs out of 15 got Gold with Honours!!!

Not that I'm being biased, but still!!!

The JC before us (I shall not mention any names) did some random thing with weird ball-skirt structures as skirts. And they lifted it way high above their heads. And the music was techno. And the dancing wasn't even together!!! It was so untidy. But they got Gold with Honours.

I mean, seriously. MJ did really, really well in my opinion. The dance was so cool, the concept and all that, it was really, really good. What did they get? Gold.

I think those JCs with props or NOVEL ideas got Gold with Honours. I mean, seriously, people, one of the other JCs/institutes had a really, really good idea. And the dancing wasn't bad (that was one flexible girl). But during the group dancing, it was quite messy, and I got this really unnervy feeling while watching it. I thought they should've gotten a Gold. They did. With Honours.

I think the judging was really unfair. And I should really stop griping about it. I have to applaud the seniors, though. They really put on a brave front and told the whole team that we know we did well, so we shouldn't really bother. True words.

And then there was the interview. Gosh, when I think of the embarrassing things I said!!! Take this for example.

Interviewer: Imagine that you are the head, I'm your friend, and we have a deadline coming up. I say this, "I can just go home and sleep what. I haven't seen my girlfriend for two weeks. Why do I have to do this? If I don't do it someone else will what. Who are you to tell me what to do?"

Me (going into full bossy mode): Excuse me? I'm the head. Who am I to tell you what to do? (realizing what I've just said) Sorry, sorry, don't mean to be disrespectful.

I can't believe I said that! --> Random flashback to White Chicks: Oh, my god! I can't believe you said it!

Right.

Here was another dumb one.

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Me: Umm... Okay, the kind of music I like...

Interviewer: This is not some Friendster profile thing.

Again, I can't believe I said that!!! I thought they were going to do some psychology thing, like, Oh, since you started talking about music, your character is like ________.

Embarrassing much???

Man, I can't believe the stupid things I did...

Before that, Freaking Joanne and I were in the Geog room, when I remembered what Emmanuel had told me the day before, about them being really obvious by putting a sweet wrapper on the chair, and you were supposed to put it in your pocket. So I whispered to Joanne about it, and after that, we became totally paranoid, and she was all, "Everything looks so placed!!!" and we started picking up all the disgusting rubbish around.

Alright, I think that's enough... ...

Too many things on my mind now... ...

Pandemonium and chaos fills my head.

*screams* I NEED TIME TO THINK!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger JeNn said...

you are seriously the biggest himbo i know, hee. good to see you're back and blogging..

April 27, 2007 at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home